Moms who have their kids in daycare

was your daycare closed Monday and Today? I could have sworn last year they were open these days and closed at 5 pm Christmas eve but open and running the day after Christmas. When I took my kids to daycare this morning it was closed. Thankfully their dad lives up the street and was awake and willing to take the kids.
I don't remember anything being posted on when it will re-open and there is no sign on the doors. I even called and got the regular recording.

LostSoul88

Asked by LostSoul88 at 9:09 AM on Dec. 26, 2012 in General Parenting

• I'm just glad I'm not in the daycare business anymore. Phew. I was always sick. It's not natural. I think private home-care is the best, if you need someone to watch the kids.
    Ruthmom802

Answer by Ruthmom802 at 9:59 PM on Dec. 27, 2012

• Our daycare was always closed the entire christmas week!!!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 9:42 AM on Dec. 26, 2012

• Daycare would have been open here, but unfortunately, we have 6" of snow and no ones knows how to do anything here in the snow.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 9:49 AM on Dec. 26, 2012

• The daycare that my son goes to for before school care, is closed till Jan.3.
    JTROX

Answer by JTROX at 10:30 AM on Dec. 26, 2012

• Before I worked from home and had to put my kids in daycare, the one they went to closed for anything that even hinted at being a holiday. lol It drove me nuts, because they would close for holidays that no one else closed for (including banks and federal, so that should tell you something!) and worse, they wouldn't tell you until the day before. So I'd be constantly scrambling to find someone to watch my kids or having to take the "holiday" off. I would guess they were probably closed Monday and yesterday, probably reopened today.

If there was no note and no change in the recording, were there other parents there to drop their kids off? If so, I'd wonder if maybe something happened? Maybe some kind of emergency came up or something?
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 10:56 AM on Dec. 26, 2012

• My son attended a home day care and she always took the entire week of Christmas off.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 12:39 PM on Dec. 26, 2012

• i do daycare and i am open today and on monday i only take the major holidays off!
    futurebabykar

Answer by futurebabykar at 2:46 PM on Dec. 26, 2012

• The daycare center where my daughter goes is open, but the district-run preschool in the same building is on break till after New Year's.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:15 AM on Dec. 27, 2012

• lol m-avi we have a lot more snow here. But we are use to it. When I lived in WA it snowed a few inches and everything was closed it was so funny.
    LostSoul88

Comment by LostSoul88 (original poster) at 9:56 AM on Dec. 26, 2012