Post Partum and "blues"

What's the difference ?

I'm more weepy than I've ever been, anxious at times. I never had feelings of harming myself or others but how do I know the difference?

Cowbell88

Asked by Cowbell88 at 1:52 PM on Dec. 26, 2012 in Health

• That is just hormones. Breastfeeding helps.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 1:56 PM on Dec. 26, 2012

• Sounds normal to me. I guess when you cannot get out of bed in the morning, can't stop crying or you have feelings of not being able to go on or maybe harm the baby, then you should seek help.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:10 PM on Dec. 26, 2012

• I would never think of Doing that. I am supplementing formula and BFing and that made me cry :/ lol
    Cowbell88

Comment by Cowbell88 (original poster) at 2:14 PM on Dec. 26, 2012

• How old is the baby?? I didn't look at your profile, is this 1st baby??Typically baby blues last about two weeks and PPD can kick in anytime. Hormones can take a while to get back to normal. Many new moms are anxious, stressed etc.. Keep an eye on things and if it gets out of hand talk to your OB about this..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 3:50 PM on Dec. 26, 2012

• Second baby. He's only 13 days old.
    Cowbell88

Comment by Cowbell88 (original poster) at 3:57 PM on Dec. 26, 2012

• Congratulations on your new son. Hopefully you just have the baby blues. If the problem goes on for longer than another few weeks or if you start feeling worse, talk to your obstetrician. In the meantime, try and do something to pamper yourself each day, even if it's just a quick shower or a dab of perfume. Good luck, mama.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:40 AM on Dec. 27, 2012

• Thank you, Ballad :)
    Cowbell88

Comment by Cowbell88 (original poster) at 1:44 PM on Dec. 27, 2012