Does your heating system make a lot of noise?

Not the boiler but when they built my house they must have forgotten to put insulation around the heating pipe that goes upstairs! Every time the heat kicks on for upstairs the pipe in that wall goes bam,bam, bam, bam....progressively louder until it's heated up! It wakes up the baby all hours of the day & night! I feel like taking a sledge hammer to that wall & insulating it myself! It's an inside wall too! Grrrrrr....thanks for the vent! LOL!

ILovemyPaulie

Asked by ILovemyPaulie at 2:40 PM on Dec. 26, 2012 in Home & Garden

• Mine did that, and not too long ago the furnace went out. You might want to get yours checked. I was told by the furnace installers that next year, Uncle Sam is going to start requiring more efficient furnaces with Fiberglass ducts, which will involve the opening of walls. It was going to be $1800 to repair my old furnace, and about $2500 to put in a new one, so I just went ahead and had the new one installed.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 5:50 PM on Dec. 26, 2012

• How long has it been going on? I know we had an issue with the switch that turns on the gas, it was an easy fix, but in general our heater doesn't make a ton of noise, and we don't have insulation around the pipes.
    jerseydiva

Answer by jerseydiva at 3:32 PM on Dec. 26, 2012