Daycare charges

So if my sons daycare is closed one day because of snow is it common to still have to pay for that day?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:53 PM on Dec. 26, 2012 in General Parenting

• Depends on the day care. My son attended a home and she explained from the beginning that she took a certain amount of paid vacation and sick days. Only time she would not charge is if she had to take a day off unexpectedly, other than being sick.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 2:55 PM on Dec. 26, 2012

• Yes
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:55 PM on Dec. 26, 2012

• yes. I paid the fully monthly amount and they daycare has been closed 3 times this month and they arent discounting
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 3:00 PM on Dec. 26, 2012

• Most expect the same payment regardless of holidays. Some, usually the private home daycares, seem more willing to work with you sometimes. I would think, however, if there was, say a full week of snow days or something that they could not/did not open, that they would work with you and either not charge or work something out. But just one day, they'll expect full payment.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 3:05 PM on Dec. 26, 2012

• Mine did, if I ever questioned it, she would say, don't pay. But I loved her dearly and understood that her expenses didn't change just because there was snow.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:23 PM on Dec. 26, 2012

• yes, it should be in your contract. Unless you go by a day by day basis, most daycare has charges for snow days, as well as if your kid is ill, you still have to pay.
    jerseydiva

Answer by jerseydiva at 3:27 PM on Dec. 26, 2012

• Yes you pay by the week not by the day generally speaking.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 4:00 PM on Dec. 26, 2012

• I know at my son's preschool even if the school is closed for a snow day, we pay the same rate.

Answer by missanc at 4:52 PM on Dec. 26, 2012

• I never went somewhere that charged like that, it would annoy me too much, to pay no matter what.
    JTROX

Answer by JTROX at 5:34 PM on Dec. 26, 2012

• I went some place that if she didn;t go i didn;t pay but than i moved and now no matter what if she doesn;t go or if there is aholiday i have to pay weekly. it sucks but it is what it is right now.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 6:58 PM on Dec. 26, 2012