What to do about the post-holiday grumpies?

My daughter and stepson are kind of moping around today. I don't know why. There are new toys to play with, but they seem to be let down after the fun and bustle of Christmas. Do you all have any trick for getting rid of the grumpies?

Ballad

Asked by Ballad at 4:14 PM on Dec. 26, 2012 in Holidays

• I will have to check back & see what others suggest. I've noticed that with my dau too. Part of it is being stuck inside b/c it's so crappy out & then not being able to get her new Kindle to connect to our wifi. Very frustrating. I don't feel like it, but I think I will be playing her Just Dance 4 & her new Apples to Apples game w/ her soon. I'm feeling a bit lazy today. :/

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 4:19 PM on Dec. 26, 2012

• Yup send them outside.

I used to tell mine the the ticket to coming indoors was a smile. (That backfired sometimes, though)
    If that doesn't work you can tell them that anyone wearing a grumpy puss gets to clean the........
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 4:23 PM on Dec. 26, 2012

• It's the Adrenalin rush/excitement that has built up for the past several weeks has caused the
    kids to crash..lol... it's like a sugar rush and then a sugar crash...
    let them go outside
    play a family board game...
    dance around/play music...
    it will pass...
    now my grandson doesn't go thru this, but I do... bc I am on a Holiday High from Oct 1st to Dec. 25th and so when
    the 26th hits, I am coming down and hard at times bc I am on the go go go for so long that my body just can't keep up..

for me I listen to my favorite music and bop around online and forewarn my boys that I am in a crash mode... usually
    I feel better in a day or so...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 4:39 PM on Dec. 26, 2012

• My kids seem pretty unphased, but I have it. lol. I'm missy grumpy tired pants today.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 4:57 PM on Dec. 26, 2012