Multiple Sclerosis symptoms... ?

Hi. I've scheduled an appointment with my Doctor, but I'm curious about the outcome.
My right arm, hand and some times leg feel numb. Especially my hand/arm situation is a daily thing, and my right eye tick / twitch have been occurring for at least one month now.
We are no doctors, and of course there's no liability issue, but for the sake of curiosity, do you think this could be Multiple Sclerosis, or a Mini-Stroke ?
Thanks...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:29 PM on Dec. 26, 2012 in Health

• Could be just about anything.... It could be as simple as a Hormone fluctuation to anxiety. It could be anything from a tumor to a stroke. I'm sorry, but it's impossible to tell you without lab work, x-rays, and other equipment that is not available on my computer...

(I'm working on it though)....
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 6:37 PM on Dec. 26, 2012

• Could be multiple scloerosis, a stroke, or a lot of other things. Your doctor will probably start with blood tests, then an MRI if need be. Sometimes the diagnostic process takes a long time. I hope everything works out well for you.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 6:39 PM on Dec. 26, 2012

• Symptoms of multiple sclerosis vary, depending on the location of affected nerve fibers. Multiple sclerosis symptoms may include:

• Numbness or weakness in one or more limbs

• Partial or complete loss of central vision, usually in one eye, often with pain during eye movement (optic neuritis)

• Double vision or blurring of vision

• Tingling or pain in parts of your body

• Electric-shock sensations that occur with certain head movements

• Tremor, lack of coordination or unsteady gait

• Slurred speech

• Fatigue

• Dizziness

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 6:43 PM on Dec. 26, 2012

• Might just be stress. Now the leg could be a pinched nerve in you back. I have issues with a ruptured disc in my back that makes my hip all the way down to my foot tingle and have funny feeling in my leg. Arm could be carpal tunnel. Or your heart.

Answer by louise2 at 6:48 PM on Dec. 26, 2012

• I'm told MS usually is first noticed by eye problems.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 6:57 PM on Dec. 26, 2012

• My daughter has MS. Hers started with seizures. The numbness came later. She says it feels like her legs are both cold and numb at the same time. She has palsy in one hand and she's lost partial vision in one eye.

Honestly, it sounds to me like you have a compressed nerve, not MS
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 6:59 PM on Dec. 26, 2012

• There's a reason I ask this, but do you consume artificial sweeteners?
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 7:21 PM on Dec. 26, 2012