Multiple kindles...ugh, too much info on google...help?

I have my 1 amazon account. Don't want more. I have my kindle already registered. My girls got kindles for Christmas. I want them on my amazon account, but don't want them separate - have their own books, I don't want them to have my books (mine showed up on DD's as soon as I registered it, it also said "____'s 2nd kindle". I haven't been able to find anything by googling about how to have them linked to my amazon account, but have their own names, and not linked to each other. Anybody know what I need to do/how to register the otherwise? Each DD does have their own e-mail account through school if that helps.

idareyou

Asked by idareyou at 7:12 PM on Dec. 26, 2012 in Technology

• It has to be on yours then- and will say mom's 2nd kindle and mom's 3rd kindle

They can have their own accounts but it HAS to have a payment method on account. And remember that- they can use your bank info to purchase anything.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 7:13 PM on Dec. 26, 2012

• Go to Amazon. Log in to your account. Go to Your Account. Then, Manage Kindle (drop down list). From there skimp down the list on the left hand side to Manage Your Devices. From there you should be able to rename the kindle(s) to your daughters' names.

You can have up to 5 devices on the same account.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 8:43 PM on Dec. 26, 2012

• No help here, I can't even get my dau's to connect to our wifi to get to the registration part! Ugh! :(

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:14 PM on Dec. 26, 2012

• I feel pretty confident that Staci is right. And keep in mind that the Kindle downloads require no "are you sure?" or "does your mom know you're buying this?" option :(
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 7:15 PM on Dec. 26, 2012

• My best suggestion would be a pre-paid debit card for their kindles if you want to do it that way- that way there IS a payment method on their account and it can have no money on it (unless you're nice and want to put money on it)
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 7:22 PM on Dec. 26, 2012

• that way- that way

I is smart.
    staciandababy

• I do know you can password protect purchases. I had to do that to mine after my 2 yo unknowingly purchased a $20 movie! Now I have to put in a password every time I make a purchase

Answer by missanc at 7:25 PM on Dec. 26, 2012

• "I do know you can password protect purchases. I had to do that to mine after my 2 yo unknowingly purchased a $20 movie! Now I have to put in a password every time I make a purchase"

Ooo! Good to know. I need that for me :(
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 7:35 PM on Dec. 26, 2012

• If you want them on your account, there's no "separation", per se. You can rename each Kindle with their names (like I have mine, my two kids, and my parents on mine, and they all say "Steve's Kindle", "Donna's Kindle" and so forth), so that you know which Kindle you are sending it to when you put a book on it. As far as them not having access...well, unfortunately, they will have access to your library and all the books in it.

The only way that I know of around all of that is to register the Kindle, put the books on it, deregister it, and then re-register it when you want to put more books on it. It's a bit of a pain in the ass, but it's what one of my friends does because her 14 year old buys books without checking with Mom and Mom got sick of the $200 credit card bills. lol
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 8:17 PM on Dec. 26, 2012