10 weeks pregnant by my estimate... 8 week sac, 6 week fetal pole no hb

I was told I had a missed miscarriage. I went in for my first appointment and they heard no hb with the sound gauge. Did a u/s could not find anything, sent me to woman's center for vaginal u/s. they kept askîng if I was sure I was 10 weeks. I'm pretty sure I should be 10 weeks but.... The sac measured 8 weeks and the fetal pole measures 6 weeks. No heart beat was found and my uterus is tilted. The doctor told me I can wait or get d&c. It's been a week no symptoms of mc. I am still nauseous, sleepy and generally feel pregnant... Has this happened to anyone? Is it ever normal to have a 8week sac and 6 week baby? Or does the sac and baby need to measure the same? I have one more week to wait until I get a second opinion. It's hard on me emotionally

NewMamaBoo

Asked by NewMamaBoo at 7:14 PM on Dec. 26, 2012 in Pregnancy

• So sad for your loss. :( I went thru something similar- what I called a "No Yolk", the sac formed, but the baby didn't. I wanted the D & C since I knew when & how it would happen. I know it's hard, but about 6 mos later, we were pregnant with our dau, so there's hope. :)

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:20 PM on Dec. 26, 2012

• I'm sorry. I've been there; it's hard. Hang in there, Mom.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 7:26 PM on Dec. 26, 2012

• Sorry to hear that, Hugs
    Alisim

Answer by Alisim at 7:37 PM on Dec. 26, 2012

• Sadly I have been there too. Big HUGS.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 8:11 PM on Dec. 26, 2012