Follow up!!!!!!!!....Did the unspeakable.........forgot to defrost the 23LB TURKEY!!!!!!!!!

..it was the moistest turkey I've ever cooked! It was the first time I had ever cooked one without stuffing it. I put homemade herb butter under the skin and it was crispy and juicy! Defrosted it in a cooler in cold water overnight then put it in the oven about 9:45am and cooked it until 3pm. PERFECT. Used a meat thermometer and carved that puppy up! I will be intentionally not defrosting my turkey next year and not stuffing it either because it came out SO AWESOME! Thanks for all the advice gals! I was freaking out! lol

CaliBlondeGirl

Asked by CaliBlondeGirl at 7:29 PM on Dec. 26, 2012 in Holidays

• That is so awesome! :)
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 7:31 PM on Dec. 26, 2012

• Wow that is great! Congratulations on your yummy turkey
    Alisim

Answer by Alisim at 7:35 PM on Dec. 26, 2012

• Yum!
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 7:36 PM on Dec. 26, 2012

• Good for you... I hardly ever defrost my meats.. since I get up early, I simply throw them into the oven or slow cooker for the entire day and since we eat dinner around 4:30-5pm dinner is ready no over cooking....

gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 1:27 PM on Dec. 27, 2012