I broke my hip in January, I need workouts or stretches that will help strengthen my hip

I'm 23 and broke my hip in January, it took about 5 months for it to heal, I have been trying to jog but while I am and the day after my hip hurts so bad that it brings me to tears. I really want to get into shape cuz I have gained about 30 lbs since Jan. If any one has any advice or workouts I could do that would be greatly appreciated. I can not go the chiropractor now since I have lost my insurance.

askingchelsea08

Asked by askingchelsea08 at 7:32 PM on Dec. 26, 2012 in Diet & Fitness

• You need to go to Physical Therapy!!! Without evaling you I would NOT be able to give you the proper exercises. A PT can eval and treat this, then give you the correct exercises for your specific issue.

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 7:58 PM on Dec. 26, 2012

• If you went thru physicall therapy, they should tell you what exercises you can continue or try at this point.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 8:02 PM on Dec. 26, 2012

• Did you do physical therapy after it healed? Most docs will recommend PT, and that is where you learn stretches, etc to assist you.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 8:06 PM on Dec. 26, 2012

• I agree, you need a physical therapist.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:22 PM on Dec. 27, 2012