I'm so bummed :(

My friend since the 6th grade is in town, we haven't seen each other in over a year. She came in Monday, leaves Friday. Monday was Christmas Eve, Tuesday was Christmas, so we planned for maybe tonight since I work during the day the rest of the week and already have plans Thursday night. I NEVER have plans but the one week I do...anyway. I texted her early this AM and asked if we were on for when I got off at 5 and she said yes. Then she texted a while later and asked what I was doing later tonight. Nothing, but I live about 40 minutes from where she's staying, though I only work 10 minutes from her. I told her I was free, but when I get off at 5 I planned to go home if she wasn't around, and by then it was 4:45pm. She responded that she's on her way to a YOGA class and won't be done until 6:30 then has to drop her other friend off. WTF? I'm so pissed. Who ditches an old friend for yoga? This sucks, and it hurts honestly. I don't have any other friends around anymore and I get so excited at the prospect of hanging out with someone. I'm even considering staying at work an extra 2 hours just to see when she's done. How sad is that? Sorry, just need to vent...I'm pretty sad :( She was my BFF in middle and high school and though that was over a decade ago, I still love her company. It sucks :(

maecntpntz219

Asked by maecntpntz219 at 8:19 PM on Dec. 26, 2012 in Relationships

• Well shoot. It's her loss then. Some relationships come and go and some need a break. Just be at peace that you really tried. You can't make her find this important.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 9:43 PM on Dec. 26, 2012

• Oh bummer. You know, I'd stay late or see her before work super early at Starbucks or something? I'm sorry.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 8:23 PM on Dec. 26, 2012

• I know she wouldn't get up early for me, that's what's sad. I would wait, but my gut tells me she won't even be done when she said she would be either.
    maecntpntz219

Comment by maecntpntz219 (original poster) at 8:27 PM on Dec. 26, 2012

• That really sucks.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:25 PM on Dec. 26, 2012

• We planned to shoot for lunch tomorrow. We'll see what happens, lol.
    maecntpntz219

Comment by maecntpntz219 (original poster) at 12:33 AM on Dec. 27, 2012