Who does ZUMBA? and how much weight have ya lost?

sarasmommy777

Asked by sarasmommy777 at 8:41 PM on Dec. 26, 2012 in Diet & Fitness

• I joined the healthy wight loss group here- and found out what my BMR is- and have been eating within that for the last...7 or 8 months
    right now I eat about 1850 a day average...I eat whatever I want-but it has to fit within the calories for the day. I keep a notebook and plan out my day and pretty much just stick to that- that's what works for me.
    Strict diets are not something I would ever stick with so that's not for me. I have worked on making healthier chices for snacks-nuts or carrots and whatnot-but basically, I eat a variety of everything
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:14 AM on Dec. 27, 2012

• I do 5-6 zumba classes a week plus pilates ( a class and a bit at home) and we have a weigt machine that I also use a day or two a week and bellydance when I can now- but started with one zumba class a week and worked up to what I'm doing. I count calories- and drink water too. As of Christmas Eve morning I had lost 41 lbs since mid Feb. * The biggest/fastest loss being in the last month or so- not sure why that is -but I'll take it!
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:00 PM on Dec. 26, 2012

• I do Zumba 4 times a week and have lost 52 lbs but I also drastically changed my diet
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 9:57 PM on Dec. 26, 2012

• I do Zumba once a week.. It hasn't been long though so I haven't noticed a loss in weight yet. It's so fun though!
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 8:53 PM on Dec. 26, 2012

• Someone at my job is an instructor and she does some free classes on lunchhour. I tried it a few times and like it but am not doing it enough and may try taking a class soon.

She has lost alot of weight but also says her change in diet helped too.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 8:53 PM on Dec. 26, 2012

• congrats Charlotte & Prissy
    now what diet changes did you make and are you eatin alot of the same things knowing their calorie count?
    I was thinking of try Zumba its around $40 CDN here...
    look forward to your comments!
    sarasmommy777

Comment by sarasmommy777 (original poster) at 11:24 PM on Dec. 26, 2012

• *forgive the typos...ugh
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:15 AM on Dec. 27, 2012