Do you think I'm over reacting?

Please no rude and/or disrespecting comments.

So I receved a text from one of best friends that said "how do you feel about your mom?" I asked what she was talkig about she said "your mom's engagement..." which i didn't even know about then I called and she told me she seen it on facebook so I checked and it had been there for like an hour I had't heard from mom my at all so I called and asked why she didn't tell my brother and I but she posts it all over Facebook so I have to hear the news from someone other then her and she says I have NO RIGHT to be upset then she's the one to be upset because it wasnt their business to tell me and I'm over reacting who cares how I found out at least I know now...

Jasmommie

Asked by Jasmommie at 9:15 PM on Dec. 26, 2012 in Relationships

• Your mother is rude at best. No, you're NOT overreacting.... she should have TOLD you personally. She flunks the Miss Manners test.

Answer by gdiamante at 9:17 PM on Dec. 26, 2012

• How could your mom say that it wasn't their business to tell you after she posted on FB? Epic Mom fail!!!
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 9:27 PM on Dec. 26, 2012

• she "lives" in another state so I get it cant be face to face but we both have cell phones, skype, email, & facebook so she could have called, texted, messaged or even skyped before posting I feel
    Jasmommie

Comment by Jasmommie (original poster) at 9:28 PM on Dec. 26, 2012

• Yes, she could and should have.
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 9:31 PM on Dec. 26, 2012

• Wow, she doesn't inform her kids first? I'm amazed. No you aren't over reacting. : (
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 9:40 PM on Dec. 26, 2012

• That's not a big deal.. I got married and didn't tell my kids for a week afterwards.... LOL!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 9:47 PM on Dec. 26, 2012

• Eh, I was unaware that mothers had to inform their grown children of their adult choices. Was it a little rude, yes. But she doesn't have to tell you anything at all
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 9:54 PM on Dec. 26, 2012

• I would be hurt, but it wouldn't be worth fighting about.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 9:55 PM on Dec. 26, 2012

• I understand you being a little hurt, but it's not worth fighting about. My husband's parents got married and told us some time after the fact. We were happy for them.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 10:02 PM on Dec. 26, 2012

• This really must depend on the family you come from. I cannot imagine my Mom getting remarried without telling me. Mind you, she and Dad have been married 50 years. We are a close family though. She is not required to say anything but I would think she'd share her happy news instead of hide it.
    Anonymous