DD weirds me out...

when she tries to put her hands all over my boobs. She self-weened rather early but seems to have some residual attachment to the breast. When she gets sleepy or upset she wants to shove her hands down my shirt. I tell her that it is "not appropriate" and to take her hand out of my shirt when we are in public though when its naptime and no one is around us I let her put her hand under the edge of my shirt so she can feel skin. Thing is though as time goes on its starting to feel more and more weird to me. You'd think her just touching them wouldn't put me off since she used to nurse on them all day. It didn't bother me while I nursed but now it is making me feel uncomfortable. It doesn't help that she doesn't usually seem satisfied with just putting her hand against my skin and seems to be trying to actually hold the nipple itself.

Anybody else start to feel weird when their kids grab the boobs after weening? How long did your little one's "attachment" last?

Nicky2911

Asked by Nicky2911 at 12:15 AM on Dec. 27, 2012 in Toddlers (1-2)

• LOL I didn teven have to read this - I laughed my son was 3 before he stopped putting his hand down my shirt and I stopped breastfeeding at 2 months due to his intolerance. he spent months doing it and then after he was done, when I'd hold him and he'd be nervous that's the first place he'd go LOL.. my niece did the same thing to her mom
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:18 AM on Dec. 27, 2012

• My son is 4 and still grabs for them but now I'm pretty sure he just does it for the reaction.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 12:36 AM on Dec. 27, 2012

• I didn't even breastfeed DD that long and she still goes straight for boob. She will grow out of it.
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 3:21 AM on Dec. 27, 2012

• I would not worry.. I think shes just snuggling and feeling secure. Shes your child, its natural.
    mlmsm928

Answer by mlmsm928 at 10:53 AM on Dec. 27, 2012

• I know and I'm not worried about it... what I find weird is that it feels weird to me lol
    Nicky2911

Comment by Nicky2911 (original poster) at 3:06 PM on Dec. 27, 2012