Strange period... adult content

I have been having weird periods the last year or so. Usually they are really heavy and I have a lot of clots and they last about 7 days. This time though, I started on Friday it was really light, then all it has been since then is spotting here and there. Is it possible this might be the start of menopause? I am 37 years old.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:25 AM on Dec. 27, 2012 in Health

• You never know until you have blood work done. You may also need a D&C to clean you out. Heavy bleeding is a way for the body to expell excess tissue. A D&C may be necessary to clear any endometrial thickening.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:21 PM on Dec. 27, 2012

• A doctor can test your hormone levels and tell you with at least some degree of certainty if you are starting menopause. You're a bit young, but I have a friend who stopped her period at age 38.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:44 AM on Dec. 27, 2012