is it possible to be 36 weeks along, baby measures 37 weeks and uterus measures 40 weeks?!

I went to the doctor and got measurements I'm on 36 weeks along but all my measurements are completely different.. I've also been having really bad pelvic pressure and slight contractions.. what's happening?? This is my first pregnancy.. I'm not sure what's all going on..

mommy2be20139

Asked by mommy2be20139 at 3:12 AM on Dec. 27, 2012 in Pregnancy

• All questions & concerns should be directed to your Dr. They know you best & are best able to answer your medical questions. After the holidays, I'm not surprised if you're measuring a little bigger- I think we all are! lol :p

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:01 AM on Dec. 27, 2012

• Measurements are based on averages. It is NOT a given rule, but if you are concerned, ask your doctor
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 7:55 AM on Dec. 27, 2012

• Yes, it's just like measuring a 2 year old, some are tall, some are shorter, some are heavier, some are lighter....and when those same two year olds are 5 years old, the one that was taller can be shorter, the one that was heavier may be lighter. Every child grows at different rates....from conception....all doctors can do is give you averages.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 10:03 AM on Dec. 27, 2012

• I agree ..... It depends on the baby. They gave me 2 due dates. One based on my last menstruation and one based on a ultrasound. Last menstrual DD = sept 25th, ultrasound DD = Oct 3rd. Both my girls weighed in the 6.5 and were 20-21 inchs long. U will pop when baby is ready to come out. I've read that a baby is full term at 37 wks, but now I see on TV at 39 wks. IDK lol I guess baby will come out when its time. My 2nd was born on Oct 8th(5 days after ultrasound DD) ..... Congrats !!!!
    Star88

Answer by Star88 at 6:04 PM on Dec. 27, 2012

• First trimester ultrasounds are more reliable for dating than later ones, some babies are just larger than others. Its all based on averages so it doesnt have to mean anything, later measurements are notorious for being wrong so i would not worry about it. The baby will come when its time
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 7:35 PM on Dec. 27, 2012

• Doctors tell you a dd give or take a week or two for a reason (at least, mine did). DD's are not an exact science. The only possible way to know exactly when you got pregnant is to keep meticulous track of your ovulation and sexual activity, and even then it can be off by a day or two. Just stay calm. If the contractions continue and you start feeling pressure, I would at least call your OB.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 2:42 AM on Dec. 28, 2012