Your best friend? Male and female, since childhood and recent????

My best friend since childhood is ANEELA and in males is my DH.

kity-bity

Asked by kity-bity at 6:36 AM on Dec. 27, 2012 in Relationships

• My best friend is female
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 12:10 PM on Dec. 28, 2012

• Male: Obviously, my hubby. I did have a great male friend, Lonnie. He was the first one I called when I was getting married. We talked for several hours. We were so close that he would come to my house and play video games with my dad.

Female: Beth ... used to be my SIL at one time (how we met) and we stayed friends after the divorce (I took her side) and have been friends for over 20 years. We can go for months without talking and pick up the phone and be like we had just talked the day before. We have this weird connection ... we have painted our nails the same color, fixed the same thing for supper ... without talking first.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 6:43 AM on Dec. 27, 2012

• I'm blessed to have a few close girlfriends from my childhood. We are scattered about, but still keep in touch. The one I've known the longest (since 3rd grade) lives nearby. But you know how life is, you get busy w/ working, the kids & keeping up the house, yada yada. It's just like old times when you finally get to talk or get together tho :)

Closest male friend, besides hubby of course, is our friend Tom. Depending on his problems, he will either want hubby to come over, or me. :p He's a great guy tho & would do anything for ya.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:08 AM on Dec. 27, 2012

• Since childhood:

female: Several, but Kayla is the one I talk to about everything and almost, if not every day. We've been through a lot together and have a bond that not many people have. If you have time, please pray for her as she is 21 and battling breast cancer with cerebral palsy.

male: Again, a few. Allen; X boyfriend. He was my first "real" boyfriend (in like the 6th grade). I recently talked him through a hard time: he needed to "come out" publicly, but was afraid of not being promoted at work. He is in the military. Jim: I've known since I was born. In fact, our parents were best friends, and we lived in the same duplex when we were born. I have embarassing home videos and photos of us. LMAO. He is like a brother to me and happens to be best friends with my DH.

Recent in another comment.

Kword

Answer by Kword at 12:08 PM on Dec. 27, 2012

• Recent:

female: Rachel. Met through my DH's friend (his wife) a few years ago. We can talk about anything and talk almost every day. Recently, she and her husband moved in nextdoor! :)

male: DH of course (though I have known him since middle school). Also, mostly his male friends are my friends. I don't really have one close recent male friend, we share friends. LOL
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 12:10 PM on Dec. 27, 2012

• Don't have one
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:49 AM on Dec. 27, 2012

• male, my SO even tho we argue which can be healthy and research shows relationships last longer if you do express frustrations.
    and female, my neigbor from india..recent besty as of a couple months ago. before that, my high sschool girly but we are growing a little apart
    lizzybee44

Answer by lizzybee44 at 3:48 PM on Dec. 27, 2012

• Female: I have a few "girlfriends" from middle school/high school that I still chat with from time to time (mostly on FB). Don't really have many female friends and wouldnt be that close to them even if I did, since I have never really been able to keep female friends for long.

Male: I do still talk to some of my high school ex's from time to time. Dh gets upset about it, so if I do talk to them, I try to keep it from him. I do have a couple "recent" male friends that I talk to alot. One of them is my tattoo artist and he actually started as my dh's friend but I talk to him more then he does now. The other is a neighbor that I have "known" since he responded to my car accident in '01 (he WAS a first responder). We are close enough and talk often enough that both of our spouses (his is soon to e ex) have accused us of cheating. Guess some women just can't handle their men having a close female friend.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 9:53 PM on Dec. 27, 2012