Hello. I had sex on Christmas Eve & according to my calendar my ovulation day is today! We only had sex one time so is it possible for me to get pregnant?

PrettiPisces303

Asked by PrettiPisces303 at 7:05 AM on Dec. 27, 2012 in Trying to Conceive

• Ladies, she was asking about timing and whether the sperm would live that long. That's a VALID question.

OP, there's a decent chance IF you're ovulating today... and it becomes even more of a long shot as the days go on. But how are you tracking your cycles? Because calendars can be very very wrong. Pick up a copy of "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" by Janet Tamaro. You'll learn how to track your cycle, which can change from month to month.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:57 AM on Dec. 27, 2012

• Any time you have unprotected sex, you have a change to be pregnant. You just have more of a chance a few days before or after ovulation. If you miss your period, take a test.  

layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 7:54 AM on Dec. 27, 2012

• Yes, it's possible. If I'm remembering correctly, under the righ circumstances sperm can live up to 5 days.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 7:28 AM on Dec. 27, 2012

• yes sperm can live up to 6 days in the uterus! - but if your ovulation day is today it wouldnt hurt to have sex today too :)
    futurebabykar

Answer by futurebabykar at 9:21 AM on Dec. 27, 2012

• *sigh* AGAIN..Any time you have unprotected sex you can get pregnant. Sex ed 101
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:18 AM on Dec. 27, 2012

• Thanks so much to the both of you. I'm due for my period January 9th so we shall see :-)..... Wish Me Luck!!!!
    PrettiPisces303

Comment by PrettiPisces303 (original poster) at 8:08 AM on Dec. 27, 2012

• Thanks @ FutureBabyKar! :-)
    PrettiPisces303

Comment by PrettiPisces303 (original poster) at 9:38 AM on Dec. 27, 2012

• If you have sex and you have all your reproductive organs, you can get pregnant. Basic sex ed.
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 11:11 AM on Dec. 27, 2012

• I can tell you for sure if you pee on your keyboard.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 11:51 AM on Dec. 27, 2012

• @ Gdiamante, thanks boo, I dnt what's up with all that extra remarks from these females but I appreciate you reading my question & answering..... thanks again!
    PrettiPisces303

Comment by PrettiPisces303 (original poster) at 12:06 PM on Dec. 27, 2012