sleeping in her crib

my dd is 2 1/2 months old.....when and how do i get her sleeping in her crib at night??

TNT8687

Asked by TNT8687 at 5:37 PM on Feb. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• where was she sleeping before?!

our DD is sleeping in her crib since she is exactly 6 weeks old
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 5:38 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• she was sleepin in her basinet for the first couple weeks....and then she refused......most of the time my husband or i have to sleep on the couch because shes asleep in her swing and if we take her out....she wont go back to sleep.....we're going insane!! lol
    TNT8687

Answer by TNT8687 at 5:42 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• My baby is 10 months and still will not sleep in her crib. She sleeps with me and daddy. I gave up on the crib! None of us were sleeping.
    passionmom119

Answer by passionmom119 at 5:42 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• yeah i can imagine. i would go insane too.

its a really bad habit now and you gonna have a really hard time to break it. lay her down in her bed, let her cry it out. make sure she is stuffed so she wont get hungry too much.

for some reason i thought u said she is 2 1/2 years old. but now where you answered i saw that you wrote 2 1/2 months. haha... ;) thats where i was wondering where she slept the whole time. isnt even that long yet.

but still you should break that habit. my friend didnt break it and her son is 19months old and still sleeping in their room.

m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 5:44 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• You might start by putting her in the crib for naps so she is used to it. My oldest one slept in the crib from day one, but my twins only used theirs for naps until 3 months. I was a little anxious about the transition with the twins from a shared bassinet in my room to separate cribs in their room, but it was pretty much a non-event.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 5:49 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• i had my son start sleeping in his crib at 4 months once he learned once hes down its bedtime. just put her in when your ready and let her fuss it out. going in and checking on her and calming her with out picking her up.
    michellem7781

Answer by michellem7781 at 6:04 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• She is too young to just let her cry it out. I started putting my son in his crib when he was about 6 weeks old. And that was about the time that he started sleeping through the night, and he falls alseep on his own in his crib. You can put her in there any time the sooner the better prolly. Try rocking her to sleep and then gentally laying her in there.
    ashtonjames

Answer by ashtonjames at 9:48 PM on Feb. 12, 2009