What are you favorite baby shower games?

My good friend will find out the sex of her baby (with luck) in mid-January. I want to throw her a baby shower. It will be the first baby shower I have thrown. I will be the baby's Godmother, and I'm super excited! What are your favorite ideas for baby shower games? You are welcome to include any other ideas for the baby shower such as for the cake, gifts, or decorations. :) Thanks!

Kword

Asked by Kword at 12:00 PM on Dec. 27, 2012 in Just for Fun

• I had everyone bring a baby picture and then posted it on a board with numbers. You had to match the person with their baby picture.

PLEASE no string around the belly of mom. I've seen way to many mom's embrassed by this. Instead throw them a curve. Before you get there put a string around daddy's belly and cut to size. You tell everyone to cut a piece of yarn to the size they think will go around the PARENTS belly. When everyone has cut their string THEN inform them that it's whoever is closest to the dad's belly.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 12:25 PM on Dec. 27, 2012

• I like the decorate a onesie. I also like throne where you had out papers that ask whoes physical features and personality the mother wants the baby to have hers or his. Like eyes, smile, laughter, worth ethic, humor and so on. Then the mom gives her answers and who ever gets the most wins.
    skinnyslokita

Answer by skinnyslokita at 12:28 PM on Dec. 27, 2012

• Buy about a dozen jars of different flavor babyfood. Write numbers on the lids and take the labels off. Everyone has to guess what's in each jar by color only (and keep the answer key for the mom so she can use them later).
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:29 PM on Dec. 27, 2012

• if she is a real good sport
    you can play... pin the breast pad on the boob

draw cartoon pic of mom to be
    blind fold contestants
    they try to tape a breast pad on boob of the cartoon pic

i drew one up for a friend, made it with markers and bid sheet of paper,drew her with leaking/dripping naked boobs and i surprised face
    *** she could not stop laughing
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 7:29 PM on Dec. 27, 2012

• also did a ..."can not say the word" game
    this works for people who do not even like games- they say word right away then they do not bother with it

when people first show up, pin a diaper pin to them (or we found eaiser to make a necklace with a baby item on it, yarn with pacifier works)
    when all have arrived, tell rules
    can not say...BABY
    can add more... like mom to be's name, or girl or boy if gender known
    when someone says that work, whomever catching it first gets that necklace, and so on
    if you have gotten three necklaces and say the word- the person who cathes you gets all three
    who ever has most and a certain time (hour before the end of party) gets a gift
    it can be fun, and allows people to mingle and not have to PLAY
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 7:34 PM on Dec. 27, 2012

• HAHAHA! Great suggestions! :)
    Kword

Comment by Kword (original poster) at 8:59 PM on Dec. 27, 2012