When we got up this morning our boys didn't have power in their bedrooms. The rest of the house did. Naturally we checked the breaker box, none were tripped. So then up to the attic to check wires, none were broke, chewed on (by a potential mouse), everything looked normal. Then Hubby took his tester to the sockets in their rooms. I was pulling out their nightstands etc checking them, and there it was, a socket that looked like it got really hot. Hubby turned off the breaker to it, and pulled it out, and it was black, melted, and even the insulation on the wires were melted off.
I have to say I'm so thankful that we didn't have a fire overnight. It could have killed all of us, or at least taken our home, etc if it had continued to burn. I don't know what made it stop burning, but I'd like to think someone's watching over us. Whoever or whatever, I'm so thankful... (which is a huge understatement)
Hubby said the thing that caused it was an air pump for our sons fishtank. Needless to say, it's in the trash.
Just an FYI, if you have one of those, please check it, make sure it's not getting hot, etc.
Asked by Anonymous at 12:44 PM on Dec. 27, 2012 in Home & Garden
Thanks for the heads up! And yes, if I were you, I'd be thanking my lucky stars or guardian angel for watching over you & protecting you from what could've been a total catastrophe!
Answer by mrsmom110 at 12:50 PM on Dec. 27, 2012
Answer by Kword at 12:51 PM on Dec. 27, 2012
Answer by Ballad at 1:29 PM on Dec. 27, 2012
Answer by Dardenella at 1:33 PM on Dec. 27, 2012
Answer by virginiamama71 at 4:35 PM on Dec. 27, 2012
Answer by Ruthmom802 at 11:33 PM on Dec. 27, 2012
Next question overall
(Diet & Fitness)
I'm going to start going after the 1st of the year, want to start slow and...