• In the Spotlight:

Anyone else have a difficult time making decent friends?

It always seems like you end up with ones with serious issues. People who just want to take,and don't want to give
I've gotten the "listen to me bitch about my ex/baby daddy endlessly"
"Can you babysit/lend me money/take me somewhere and have me not pay you back either with money or a return favor"
"make plans and then not show up or have an explanation"
"never have money to hang out,but have money for stupid shit,and expect me to pay for them time and time again"
I wish I could put out an ad or something for a nice,decent,well rounded woman with minimal issues to just go shopping and to lunch with. One that I could just laugh and share with and not have to bring up all the negativity.

It doesn't help that I'm technically on the autism spectrum and have many sensory issues. Basically,i'm a little weird. My threshold for BS is a little lower than other's.

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 2:05 PM on Dec. 27, 2012 in Just for Fun

• I am with you. I find users or people with crazy amounts of drama that they bring on themselves. I just can't take it, so I distance myself from those weirdos as soon as I can.

I will be your friend.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:17 PM on Dec. 27, 2012

• I make friends easily but never close ones. I am very charismatic & have no problem talking to ANYONE. BUT! I do NOT have any VERY close friends. I keep friends at a distance for the same reasons as you were saying. They become too needy & imposing. I am willing to help others that help themselves but I also do not take any shit from anyone. I never ever ask people personal questions & I will not answer people who ask me.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:15 PM on Dec. 27, 2012

• Yes. I have a large family and with each new pregnancy we lost more and more friends. Luckily the kids take up a lot of my time and I don't have much need for friends. But when the kids are older, it'll be nice to have friends to go out and have lunch or go shopping with. I sold DS old bike on CL last week. The lady who bought it seemed really nice. I was 2 seconds away from saying "Wanna be my friend?" LOL, chickened out though.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 2:37 PM on Dec. 27, 2012

• Always, I haven't met anyone since moving here. I know I'm a transient and never stay in one place very long but sometimes I just need someone I can confide in or something. It gets lonely.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 2:41 PM on Dec. 27, 2012

• I don't do drama. People like that don't last long with me.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 2:45 PM on Dec. 27, 2012

• Yeah, I don't do the whole drama queen thing, so I don't really have many friends. Most of my true friends have moved to different places across the country, and we just don't talk much. Anymore I seem to attract the drama queens and the gossip whores, and I just don't deal well with any of that. I also hate shopping, and most women can't understand that. Maybe I'm just weird, idk....
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 2:52 PM on Dec. 27, 2012

• I don't have any friends, sad huh? I've always been a 'loner'. It's just always been difficult to make friends for me. I suck at small talk. To this day, I'm not really sure how I made friends in school. I know it had nothing to do with any effort on my part, but most of my high school friends are in different parts of the state with families or jobs/careers of their own, so those relationships slip away. Thankfully, I have 2 sisters that I'm close to and they love me the way I am. I'd be your friend. I'm a very good listener.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 3:06 PM on Dec. 27, 2012

• I make friends easily but retaining them is harder because I tend to attract the flakes. You know the ones who gush and gush about hanging out then when a date is finally planned out, then have every excuse in the book to not attend. I always do the "drink test." I invite to a local casual bar if no one shows up then I know who's a flake. Then I do the invite again but this time I say the first 2 rounds are on me, the ones that show are the needy greedy folks. It's a messed up world out there. I grew up in the country and it was always easy to make true friends regardless of class. When I moved to the city, I find that everyone just wants a friend who will add to their social status, personal interests, and networking. Just my observation. But yes it's hard finding true friends today.
    skitNbearsmom

Answer by skitNbearsmom at 2:58 PM on Dec. 27, 2012

• Yea I tend tend to find that happens a lot with me as well. I just try to stick to the more mature women I come across. I'm have one true friend. I think it'd be nice to a more but it hasn't happened yet.
    Mommy-Wonders

Answer by Mommy-Wonders at 3:26 PM on Dec. 27, 2012

• I have trouble making ANY friends at all : /
    *though with ones like that-I'm not sure I'm missing much!
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 4:22 PM on Dec. 27, 2012