What is the weather like in CT at the end of January?

I'm due to go to CT the week of January 28. I live in GA and I'm not used to snowy weather and driving on icy roads. We fly into Hartford and drive down to Bridgeport. We did it in August and it was fine, but I imagine January will be a whole different story.

keisha613

Asked by keisha613 at 2:14 PM on Dec. 27, 2012 in Travel

• I live directly across the water from CT. It may not be snowy or icy. Just cold, anywhere from the 30's to 40's on average. Usually it's warmer here & there since we are on the water so we get less snow. Dress in layers & a nice warm coat.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:19 PM on Dec. 27, 2012

• Thanks!
    keisha613

Comment by keisha613 (original poster) at 2:32 PM on Dec. 27, 2012

• I'm a NY native but I've lived in CT since 1995. Last winter was extremely mild, almost no snow. It will certainly be colder than you're used to, but Bridgeport is near the water and hence, minimal chance for snow/ice. Rain on the coast, mostly. Main roads and highways are generally well plowed and maintained.

1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 3:02 PM on Dec. 27, 2012

• I agree with the PP on the weather I have been stuck in CT my whole life.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 3:38 PM on Dec. 27, 2012

• Burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 2:43 AM on Jan. 5, 2013