Where can I find visual aids to help teach my son the alphabet?

I haven't been able to find an online source for the Alphabet that hangs in every grade school classroom.

Any suggestions on where to purchase one? (I'm also looking for visual aids depicting colors and shapes)

TIA!

GoodyBrook

Asked by GoodyBrook at 4:21 PM on Dec. 27, 2012 in

• Google ideas and also I found this site : http://www.learningthings.com/learning-alphabet-letters?Cc=LEARNALPHABET
    madmueller

Answer by madmueller at 10:36 PM on Dec. 27, 2012

• the leap frog letters are fantastic. both my boys learned their phonics this way and read at three.
    they are better than a graphic because they are interactive and teach not just letter recognition but the sounds letters make.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 6:16 PM on Dec. 28, 2012

• First, find out what style your school system teaches. Then make them your own or google, ALPHABET TEMPLATES. There are tons of sources on line for them. I know, I have made my own as a preschool teacher. You can also use magnets on the fridge but the best source is READING BOOKS to your child. Point out the letters. Also, drawing letters in different textures is another way. Flashcards (from dollar store, walmart, etc). If there is a teacher supply store near you, you can get many things there. You can also go to www.lakeshorelearning.com (it's an educational supply company). So is Kaplan.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 6:31 PM on Dec. 28, 2012

• we have a store called the Educator here.

But if you don't want to by anything you can make them yourself and print them from your own computer. A friend of mine made some for my DD using pictures of things she liked that started with the letters IE- A was Apple B was Bible and Bee T- was Tinker bell M was Miokey Mouse

You can also use Shaving cream, you write the letter with your finger and have him/her follow yours and then do it themselves. It's something fun while learning, you can do the same with numbers
    Novmeber2006

Answer by Novmeber2006 at 7:46 PM on Apr. 5, 2013