Hair falling out???

Every since I had my daughter six months ago my hair has been falling out in handfuls. It has brought me to tears on numerous occassions. My doctor says its normal after pregnancy but I'm still really worried. It has gotten so bad that I dont put my hair up anymore because its really noticeable. Has anyone else had this problem or am I all alone?

drs1206

Asked by drs1206 at 5:43 PM on Feb. 12, 2009 in Health

• its normal post partum
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 5:47 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• well the only reason my hair ever fell out not in hadfuls, but like lots in the bathtub when i took a bath, is because i dyed my hair too much.

i hope its temporary for you, and it will grow back. i had to wait about a year or 2 to get it to finally stop, keep taking vitamins is my best advice
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 5:47 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• stress, depressions & hormons after pregnancy are a reason for that to happen.

if its getting worse you should contact your doctor though. Get some blood tests done just to be sure its nothing serious. its better to be safe than sorry
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 5:47 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• I am dealing with this problem and did some home research. I started doubling my iron to twice a day and I ordered a B-complex. That was on top of my daily multiple vitamin. I'm hoping this will do the trick. Low iron is present with most hair loss. If you need more info let me know.
    GarlicMom

Answer by GarlicMom at 6:34 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• I had this same problem after each and everyone of my three children. There is nothing you can do but wait it out. I lost SO much hair but i promise you it came back very quick. It's hormonal and my doctor also said it was not uncommon. I'm so sorry you are going through this. good luck.

KOWEN

Answer by KOWEN at 10:46 PM on Feb. 14, 2009