Opportunities after weight loss

Let me first start out by saying I in no way believe that just because someone is thin or in shape or any kind of weight, size, gender, race whatever that it makes them better or brings more positive events to their lives more than anyone else. This is just a question that i wanted to get feed back.

So i am an over weight 21 year old female that is currently on a weight loss journey. I have been doing my research and in that research i have seen things and some of those things are experiences after weight loss. To some it up, people say that when a person losses weight he or she gets more opportunities such as jobs, relationships, friends etc. how true is this and what do you all think about it?

quita1991

Asked by quita1991 at 6:42 PM on Dec. 27, 2012 in Diet & Fitness

• After a change of losing weight or any other life situation, a person can become more confident in themselves and be more motivated to pursue something they may not have tried to due to what was holding them back.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 6:45 PM on Dec. 27, 2012

• I agree with virginiamama. It has to do with confidence in ones self. I have known people who are overweight have had opportunities earned based on their confidence, attitude, and personality. I have also seen "skinny" people by passed because of their lack of self confidence, attitude, and personality.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 7:55 PM on Dec. 27, 2012

• I have lost a massive amount of weight and have fifty more to go it is changing how I get treated and how I either get or do not get jobs because I feel better about myself. Its only good if you do for yourself. It works to do it for yourself and yourself only!
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 8:19 PM on Dec. 27, 2012