Do u warm up your baby's milk ?! Do u use a sterilizer for the bottles ?

Star88

Asked by Star88 at 8:34 PM on Dec. 27, 2012 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Sterilize the bottles, never did. Just did a regular wash. Warm the milk. Depending on the age of the baby. 2,3, maybe 4 months yes. After that no. They can handle cold/cool milk.

Answer by louise2 at 8:40 PM on Dec. 27, 2012

• Yes to both... warmed formula if i didnt bf, and always sterilized bottles/nipples. But I lived in the country on well water I didnt trust.....
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 8:56 PM on Dec. 27, 2012

• Nope, it's always at a pleasant 98.6 :)
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 8:57 PM on Dec. 27, 2012

• I used the heated dry cycle on the dishwasher for bottles. I did warm formula mainly because I only used it to supplement. They were used to warm milk, I don't think they would have taken it cold. But even when we switched from formula to milk I warmed it slightly before putting it in their sippy because it was so cold, they were drinking it cold by 13 months.

Answer by missanc at 8:57 PM on Dec. 27, 2012

• Yes, both my babies had warmed milk (unless it was the summer & it was super hot) . I use the "first years" bottle warmer & I still sterilize everything in the microwave sterilizer & my Daughter is 16 Months.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:01 PM on Dec. 27, 2012

• Sterilization is only needed if your baby was a premie or is immune suppressed
    I heated the bottles to room temp

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:04 PM on Dec. 27, 2012

• I never sterilized. I just washed in the dish washer. I used room temp water when I mixed the powder in. So it was never cold. Easier that way. I could keep bottles of water and pre-measured powder upstairs. I mixed when the baby wanted it. That way I never had to run down in the middle of the night. No heating no refrigerating.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 9:21 PM on Dec. 27, 2012

• never warmed the milk because we did a lot of traveling with our kids and they just took the bottled water that I had with me. I didn't want to get them used to it in the event that we were on the road and had no place to warm the bottles.
    Washed all their bottles, nipples and pacifiers in the dish washer and would rinse them off before putting them back in the babys mouth
    madmueller

Answer by madmueller at 10:14 PM on Dec. 27, 2012

• If you do not want your baby to get sick you wash the bottles in very hot water or put them in a sterilizer.
    If you want your baby to use their energy to warm the milk rather than warming it for them and if you do not mind a baby that stomach is often upset, don't bother warming the milk for them.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 10:55 PM on Dec. 27, 2012