Did u try anything special to get the sex of the baby u wanted ?!?! did it work ?!?!

I hear that there are certain positions and times of the year to concieve to have the sex of the baby u want ..... just wondering !!!

Star88

Asked by Star88 at 8:37 PM on Dec. 27, 2012 in Trying to Conceive

• No, I am not that naive.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 8:48 PM on Dec. 27, 2012

• Nope, It's a 50/50 shot unless you do IVF with PGD to find out the sex of the viable embryos prior to implantation.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 8:59 PM on Dec. 27, 2012

• Oh no lol that is too much !!!
    Star88

Comment by Star88 (original poster) at 9:04 PM on Dec. 27, 2012

• LOL! It's true! :)
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:11 PM on Dec. 27, 2012

• Yeah !!! But that is frkn expensive lol
    Star88

Comment by Star88 (original poster) at 9:18 PM on Dec. 27, 2012

• Check out the Shettles Method. Nothing is 100%, but you can tip the odds in your favor. It's based on the x-chromosome sperm being slow but living longer, and the y-chromosome sperm being fast and fragile.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 9:29 PM on Dec. 27, 2012

• yeah i have heard a bit about that before now that u mention it
    Star88

Comment by Star88 (original poster) at 9:33 PM on Dec. 27, 2012

• It's more successful when you're trying for a boy than a girl. You also have to know when you ovulate, not just have a general idea. I had an ultrasound when I was ovulating (because I was having trouble getting and staying pregnant), so it was easier to nail down the timing.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 9:35 PM on Dec. 27, 2012

• I was already charting and knew my cycle very well so we tried the shettle's method to get both our boy and girl. We got what we were trying for both times. Who knows if it was the shettle's method or just luck, but as long as you are not having fertility issues it doesn't hurt to try shettle's. I look at it this way the science is sound and while it is no guarantee it certainly can help to tip the odds a little bit.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 8:16 AM on Dec. 28, 2012

• cool !!! thanks ..... I will keep that in mind if I decide to have another baby lol. I have a 7 yr old and a 3 month old =0)
    Star88

Comment by Star88 (original poster) at 5:31 PM on Dec. 28, 2012