Sort of a S/O. Have you ever spent the night out just because? What about your SO?

I know I once or twice have spent the night at a friends house just for the fun of it. So we could stay up late, watch movies, play games and me not have to drive home. It was just purely a break for us. DH has only once done this and I was totally okay with it. It was even my idea. He wanted to hang out with his buddy and when 1 am rolled around I suggested he just stay and I would see him in the morning. It was all good- nothing fishy. Just us having some healthy 'apart' time. Is this really that odd?

But_Mommie

Asked by But_Mommie at 8:43 PM on Dec. 27, 2012 in Relationships

• In my adult life I have never spent the night at anyone's house just for the fun of it. I prefer my own bed. I have stayed out late but then came home and I have had weekend getaways with friends (either camping or at a hotel/lodge/inn, etc) In fact, I have two weekend getaways planned in the next few months (shame on me, lol).

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 8:48 PM on Dec. 27, 2012

• When I was married my husband's friends lived over an hour from us and he would only get togther with them every few months so he would stay over, cause he would not leave to go to their home until late, but he never asked if he could do this, it was already what we knew he would do.

virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 8:50 PM on Dec. 27, 2012

• I have gone on weekend vacations with my friends but if I'm in the same town, I want to be in bed with my dh and he feels the same way.

Answer by missanc at 8:54 PM on Dec. 27, 2012

• when i was married, i never spent the night anywhere but home unless we were together. now though that im single, occasionally (like twice a year if that lol) i spend the night at a friend's when i go out and my mom has the kids. i usually have to drive 30 minutes to be with my friends and stay out late and i figure its better to crash nearby than to risk driving home. as soon as i wake up i come home.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:55 PM on Dec. 27, 2012

• I wouldn't say I have but merely because I am the one getting up with the kids in the morning etc and his work schedule is unpredictable as he is "on call 24/7. However I have gone out without him and even overnight (with the kids) away from home and he's had no problem. Then again we are both adults and don't need to "get permission" from one another for every little thing.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 8:55 PM on Dec. 27, 2012

• I personally have never(as an adult) had a sleep over, at a friends house. I to prefer my own bed. But if it works for you two.
    Now my DH was in the army for 20 years and we had plenty of days, weeks, months or years apart. Because of Army stuff. I miss those days. when he was gone like that I called it "My me time". Now he is here every night. Hard to get use to.

Answer by louise2 at 8:55 PM on Dec. 27, 2012

• My husband travels, so we spend the night away from one another quite a bit.....
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 9:03 PM on Dec. 27, 2012

• I've traveled alone for work and with the kids.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 9:12 PM on Dec. 27, 2012

• Not alone with friends, just when he travels and I cry when he leaves to do that LOL
    11 years and I hate to be with out him
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 9:17 PM on Dec. 27, 2012

• No, neither of us have spent the night anywhere for fun unless we were on vacation.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 9:30 PM on Dec. 27, 2012