Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

If i need to replace rim of wheel on my 10 yr old Honda - where do I get one? Used or new?

Had a minor car accident and rim of front tire is dented. Not sure what to do next. Get a used one and have a shop install? Where is the best place to get a used rim?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 10:21 PM on Dec. 27, 2012 in Home & Garden

Answers (6)
  • I would think most auto shops or tire shops would have them. If not a used rim you can buy at least a way to order a rim.

    Answer by KristiS11384 at 10:24 PM on Dec. 27, 2012

  • A junk yard is your best bet
    Auto mechanics can procure one for you and install it

    Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:25 PM on Dec. 27, 2012

  • Back when my brothers use to work on their own cars, they would find good used parts at the junkyard and also asking others who worked on cars.

    Answer by virginiamama71 at 10:25 PM on Dec. 27, 2012

  • Ebay, craigslist, or junkyards. Then have a tire shop, you trust, install it so it's put on right.

    Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:37 PM on Dec. 27, 2012

  • Pull a part junk yards.

    Answer by booklover545 at 2:49 PM on Jan. 2, 2013

  • try a salvage yard first. You can also go on craigslist and see if someone might have one there as well. But if neither of those work you may have to get one ordered from dealer or anyone that deals in rims

    Answer by goofygalno1 at 2:52 PM on Jan. 2, 2013

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.