Toddler boys underwear size question (new to potty training)

My five year old son has sensory issues and just started using the potty, so I want to get him some underwear, a friend gave us some she had for her son and they are 4t and fit great but she also gave him some fruit of the loom x small onesIhaven't tried them on him yet but they look smaller anyone know if they are closer to 2t/3t or 4t?

XandersMomma07

Asked by XandersMomma07 at 11:08 PM on Dec. 27, 2012 in General Parenting

• measure the waist band
    no i dont know but that's what i would do
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 11:10 PM on Dec. 27, 2012

• Underwear is SO weird. I have 2T that look as big as the size 4's and 2T that look small. I would just try it on and use it if it fits. :D
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 11:21 PM on Dec. 27, 2012

• XS tends to be a 4ish in size. You can always go to a store and look at the sizing charts on the back of a package of underwear to find out for certain.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 11:26 PM on Dec. 27, 2012

• They run VERY small! My Son is a skinny pickle & started wearing size 6 underwear when he was still wearing size 3t clothes. They shrink a lot! Buy them bigger!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 11:17 AM on Dec. 28, 2012