how early is too early

how soon should i try step one baby food? my dd seems to be hungry ALL the time....

TNT8687

Asked by TNT8687 at 5:54 PM on Feb. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i started solids when she completed 6 months.
    revathy

Answer by revathy at 5:56 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• IMO, and the recommendation of the AAP, no sooner then 6 mos.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 5:58 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• My pediatrician said to start solids (cereal) around 4 months, and move on to other stage one fruits & veggies around 6 months.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 5:59 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• We started solids at 4 months. I just did stage 2 jars, though. There are single ingredients and it's much more cost effective. Same stuff, just a bigger jar.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 5:59 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• my ped. had me start when my son was 4 months. if he takes to it the great, keep going. if not then try in another week or so. your child will let you know if they want it or not. it wont her to try it when you feel like it.
    michellem7781

Answer by michellem7781 at 6:01 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• 6 months is recommended, not 4.
    Arkaidy

Answer by Arkaidy at 6:20 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• I started all my babies at 4 months. My first son was fine with the food but my daughter did not want anything to do with them until right at 6 months. Now my youngest is 6 months old now and he still does not care to much for them. You know when your baby is ready. Do what you feel is right you know what is best for your baby
    Jerusha_83

Answer by Jerusha_83 at 6:27 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• 31/2 months i started with my son
    Lauren2008

Answer by Lauren2008 at 6:57 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• AAP recommends 4-6 months. I started my LO at 4 months one stage 1 foods. Some people start sooner, some later. It's all about how you feel personally. Let your mommy instincts guide you.

http://www.aap.org/publiced/BR_Solids.htm
    julipickle

Answer by julipickle at 7:18 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• There are a list of things to let you know if your babe is ready for solid foods (doubled birth weight, holds head up ... etc). The average age is between 4 and 6 months. I agree with the previous poster to let your mommy instincts guide you. My son was born early and is growing at a faster pace than an average baby ... my sons pediatrician recommended solids @ 4 months. Worked well for us ...
    jennie829

Answer by jennie829 at 7:33 PM on Feb. 12, 2009