Tell me what you think about this birthday party idea....

My daughter will be four in march and she wanted strawberry shortcake theme birthday party but what I found online is really mostly when they school aged and have alot more friends that are girls. My dd just got to a new school and most of my friends have boys. So I was think about doing a bubble party /strawberry shortcake. I will get decoration that are some strawberry shortcake and the goodie bags can be that for the girls but the boys I can give out bubbles. They have bubbles with strawberry shortcake too. I am think about getting a bubble machine and different wonds and possible doing a big bubble in a inflatable pool but that is weather permitting. what does everyone think?

lambdarose

Asked by lambdarose at 6:55 AM on Dec. 28, 2012 in General Parenting

• Sounds good, but one suggestion- everyone gets a goodie bag filled with stuff a boy or a girl could play with. Go to the Dollar Tree & get stuff like mini containers of play doh, crayons, & various other party favors. Hope the weather cooperates for you, since I would hate to see bubble solution spilled all over your floors! lol :p

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:06 AM on Dec. 28, 2012

• I like the idea of everyone getting the same goodie bag. :)

Answer by Bmat at 7:14 AM on Dec. 28, 2012

• It sounds like a fun party, but I agree on goodie bags for everyone.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 8:59 AM on Dec. 28, 2012

• Great idea! At that age the boys will still like ths Strawberry Shortcake character even without the bubbles! You could fill a dry blow up pool with beach balls too! hen they could each take one home. Have you gone to the website Orientaltrading.com? They have great party favors & party supplies. They even have Strawberry Shortcake!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 10:18 AM on Dec. 28, 2012

• Goodie bags are a great idea but PLEASE don't fill them with what any of us would consider junk. And by junk I mean the stuff that you throw away within an hour of the child getting them because they break. It brings many a tear to the young child after a wonderful birthday party.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 10:49 AM on Dec. 28, 2012

• That sounds like a great idea, hope everything comes out as plan
    Alisim

Answer by Alisim at 3:24 PM on Dec. 28, 2012

• wow lucky little girl! I think it sounds wonderful!
    madmueller

Answer by madmueller at 8:32 PM on Dec. 28, 2012

• well, I don't want to give out a strawberry shortcake goodie bag to the boys. but I was going to give out bubbles, and other stuff. not sure of specifics. I haven't really planned the far ahead just putting it out there. probably notebooks, pencils ect. I was think making the punch with sherbert and cake pops that are pink. she loves pink. debating about pinata. I did find some fun games online.
    lambdarose

Comment by lambdarose (original poster) at 8:35 PM on Dec. 28, 2012