How would you feel??(some venting...sorry)

I invited my sister from Detroit here for Christmas and she made up an excuse that her vertigo was flaring up and that she wouldn't be driving any where and then come to find out today she is at my other sisters house and she was just there for Thanksgiving.

She told my boys that she would be here to see them today and then doesn't show up. I am done asking and then getting told some story and then having them go to someone elses house. It hurts my boys them to the point of them getting upset and because they want to see her and she only comes in once every couple months.

It just hurts me also that I plan for her to come and then she pulls this. It comes across to me that my house isn't good enough or my family isn't good enough to come and see. I am tired of this treatment and just don't know what to do anymore.

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 10:16 AM on Dec. 28, 2012 in Relationships

• My sisters have done the same thing so my Son insisted on calling them himself & asking them why they didn't come & see him. He was 5 when he did this. I let him lay on the guilt to them personally & he felt better too. He told them how mad he was at them. Now when they say they are comimg, they come. Out of the mouths of babes!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 10:22 AM on Dec. 28, 2012

• Well, the first thing I'd do is stop telling the boys that she's coming, so they don't get disappointed. If she shows up, let it be a surprise.

Beyond that, I'd say just stop inviting her. She can't hurt you with her rejection if there's nothing for her to reject. If she asks to come visit, be gracious and tell her you'd love to see her, but don't get your hopes up until she's actually on your doorstep. Don't give her so much power over your life anymore. Let her see that you aren't bothered by her treatment, and maybe she'll stop.

Even if she doesn't, at least you won't be putting yourself out there for her to treat like this.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 10:23 AM on Dec. 28, 2012

• i could have sworn this was asked on or before Christmas....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:20 AM on Dec. 28, 2012

• i never promise/tell anyone anything unless it actually happens. and yes anon, i think this was asked but sometimes pple re-ask. i'm pretty sure it isnt your house if she planned it then it didnt fall through, sounds like she might be a little disorganized in thoughts
    lovekitchenmama

Answer by lovekitchenmama at 10:38 AM on Dec. 28, 2012