Um

thoughts? 

Reactions? 

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:00 AM on Dec. 28, 2012 in Religion & Beliefs

• I can pray for a unicorn, doesn't mean it's gonna happen. I can pray for Linsday Lohan to go a month without a court date, doesn't mean it's within any deity's ability. I can pray all I want for some psycho on the internet to have a herpes outbreak every time they say something stupid, but sadly, that never works, either.

Then again, I consider praying FOR things to be offensive to all parties involved, including the deity, so perhaps that's why I'm not clutching my pearls over some guys praying for something they believe in to continue to be true.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:56 PM on Dec. 28, 2012

• There are bad groups of people in any religion and any culture just as there are civilized, educated and modern people in every religion and culture. You can't possibly say that there are not any Christians who pray for bad things to happen...it's not the religion, it's not the culture, it's the person/group of people.
    Ludvik_Smith

Answer by Ludvik_Smith at 12:21 PM on Dec. 28, 2012

• What am I supposed to comment on? The fact that there are Malls in the middle east? Yeah so what. They even have roller coasters and recreational snowboarding in one. (My husband has been to it while in the military).
    The threat of "Deadly prayers"? I don't see how that is threatening. Especially when you consider the very "Christians" in this country have made similar prayers against any group they don't like, or even the President. Even on an individual level. How many "Christians' have a MIL they don't like that they hope some ill befalls her.......
    I really don't know what you expect us to "react" to or have "thoughts" on.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 12:32 PM on Dec. 28, 2012

• At least they are just praying and not opening fire or blowing anyone up.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:15 AM on Dec. 28, 2012

• my first thought is...am i really suppose to believe this is true just cause its been put into an easy to post online meme? is there any proof this is true? its not that im doubting it is, just want something more reliable than a picture of Saudi men with words written on it. i mean ive read a lot of things that look just like this that are false, fake, lies, etc.

and if it is true...well there are assholes in every religion. irl i know a Christian family that prays that their estranged Atheist child has something tragic happen to her so she'll turn back to Christ. i know an Atheist who wishes all religious ppl were put in asylums. the world is full of stupid ppl...Islam is no different.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 1:25 PM on Dec. 28, 2012

• Well in my religion you can pray for anything but you are not supposed to prayer fo evil things. We are taught that God takes a dim view of praying for such things.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:05 AM on Dec. 28, 2012

• God answers whatever prayers he wants and how he wants.... I wouldn't be too concerned.
    amazinggrace83

Answer by amazinggrace83 at 11:11 AM on Dec. 28, 2012

• I think that there are extremists in any religions and people who wish ill upon others within any group and any culture. I think that the loud actions of a few do not represent the majority or even the true views of that particular religion/ group/ culture.
    saphire_eyes802

Answer by saphire_eyes802 at 12:50 PM on Dec. 28, 2012

• It does appear to be a legitimate story.

But here's the baffling part. Doesn't the religion forbid a man seeing a woman in a state of undress? Buying lingerie is a very intimate experience. Not only may a woman strip down often she needs to be touched for measurements.

feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 1:50 PM on Dec. 28, 2012

• Well... I suppose they can pray for whatever they want, doesn't mean it'll happen. But my question is why can't women work in lingerie shops? Wouldn't that be one of the few places a woman could work since it's a place where women shop? I think they're just mad because they couldn't get a job where they could play with women's undies all day long.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 5:50 PM on Dec. 28, 2012