A bit sick of being a social pariah.

Does anybody live in a place where cesarean and exclusive formula feeding doesn't carry social stigma of others assuming that you lack information or intelligence? I'm getting really tired of people assuming I'm stupid because I've had 2 c-sections and don't have regrets about them or that I can't breastfeed my children for a lot of reasons.

lizziebreath

Asked by lizziebreath at 11:31 AM on Dec. 28, 2012 in General Parenting

• If you search this subject you'll get a lot of info.. It's one of the most posted questions here on Cafemom....

MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:35 AM on Dec. 28, 2012

• It's none of anyone's business what you do. Stop telling people.
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 11:37 AM on Dec. 28, 2012

• Who would know unless you told them? I was never asked why I formula fed. It's no ones business.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 11:39 AM on Dec. 28, 2012

• You know whats best for yourself and your children. Keep doing the best you can and ignore people who try to belittle you.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 11:40 AM on Dec. 28, 2012

• I don't get it---I never ever had anyone say anything to me about formula feeding...
    Really, who cares?!
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:42 AM on Dec. 28, 2012

• Just about everywhere I have ever lived.
    I had c sections when it was impossible to birth them. The alternative was both would have died and I might have as well. I do not regret it not the labor that was only able to be completed through a C section.
    I breastfed.

I felt/feel no compulsion to ask anyone about thier choices or to broadcast my own. I have found that if I do not make an issue of it no one cares.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:44 AM on Dec. 28, 2012

• What you do is your own personal business, who cares what other people think or do - they probably do it too and you just don't know :)
    madmueller

Answer by madmueller at 11:45 AM on Dec. 28, 2012

• I can honestly say no one has ever asked me what type of childbirth I had, or if they were bottle or breastfed. I can't see anyone making someone feel like a "social pariah" because of what I chose to do with my baby.... If they did, I wouldn't keep their company any longer.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:47 AM on Dec. 28, 2012

• I never experienced any of that until I came to Cafemom
    I always figured if you got them out alive and fed them on a normal basis,you gives a shit how you did/do it?!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 12:05 PM on Dec. 28, 2012

• It went around at church and around my extended family and hence for some strange reason to all of their friends and facebook friends that I had another c-section. It's a big deal because I'm the first in family to have one let alone two and cousin so and so the doula as well as Aunt Yolanda think they need to save me from something I guess? The bottle feeding thing comes up the same way and every single time I go to the store to buy it or make one to feed her in public.

Technically I didn't tell anybody or ask the opinion of anyone on my parenting. I just don't want to see anymore eye rolls or hear anymore comments from people who feel the need to convert me.
    lizziebreath

Comment by lizziebreath (original poster) at 12:07 PM on Dec. 28, 2012