Can i speed it up

divorse do not want to what 6mos

madcat500

Asked by madcat500 at 12:20 PM on Dec. 28, 2012 in Relationships

• Ask your lawyer.
    jerseydiva

Answer by jerseydiva at 12:30 PM on Dec. 28, 2012

• ^^^exactly what jerseydiva said. Every state has different laws.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 12:33 PM on Dec. 28, 2012

• In NC the waiting period is a year. My atty said if both of us agreed, we could say we had been living separately for a year. My ex would not so I had to wait.

Answer by missanc at 12:37 PM on Dec. 28, 2012

• If your state has a 6 month waiting time. I doubt it. Talk to a Lawyer.

Answer by louise2 at 12:59 PM on Dec. 28, 2012

• Here in NM, you can get divorced the same day if all is uncontested, no waiting. Ask your lawyer (or a lawyer) what your state laws are.
    amazinggrace83

Answer by amazinggrace83 at 1:03 PM on Dec. 28, 2012

• Most states have a mandatory "cooling off" period. If that is the case then no you can not speed it up.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 1:55 PM on Dec. 28, 2012

• Here in IN its 6 months. My hubby and I got real close to that 6 month line too early in our marriage.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 8:59 PM on Dec. 28, 2012

• I do not think there is any way to avoid the waiting period. I don't know about anyone else but I am not a lawyer so I would recommend you ask your lawyer.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 12:05 AM on Dec. 29, 2012

• I know nothing about the law that goes with Divorces... Is this really something you truly want to do to yourself, your husband, and your children?

I've noticed this happening so much more in our society... No one means their marriage vows anymore. I don't know who did who wrong in your marriage...none of my business... 

I will state for other readers...Marriage is intended to last until death parts you and your mate. But a lot of couples look for the instant gratification now days. If I aint happy, aint nobody gonna be happy...

I'd like to see more marriages stick through the thick and thin, the sickness, the loss of pregnancies, the arguments, the late nights working, the lack of sexual intimacy, the lack of finances to carry you through the work week.... It's through all of this that a young couple grows. To see a couple grow. That's sweet.

Ruthmom802

Answer by Ruthmom802 at 11:03 PM on Dec. 30, 2012

• there are no minner children i meant my vows and this is best
    madcat500

Comment by madcat500 (original poster) at 10:16 AM on Jan. 2, 2013