Do any of your teens have an industrial piercing?

My 13 year old wants one. Is this an appropriate piercing for 13 years old? I told her to wait, at least until she is 16. Any opinions???

WifeyandMom71

Asked by WifeyandMom71 at 12:26 PM on Dec. 28, 2012 in Teens (13-17)

• Could she try this? That way, in the event she decides later it isn't her style, she wil be able to cover it with her hair style. 

feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 1:34 PM on Dec. 28, 2012

• You know these piercings are easily removable right?

All of my kids had various piercings and yet all grew up to be productive members of society, completing college and finding gainful employment in their respective fields.

I'm not saying that the OP should allow it (totally her call) but to say they'll be scarred for life is disingenuous. When they need to take them out, they take them out.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 12:43 PM on Dec. 28, 2012

• And yeah I'm a mom with tattoos and they probably won't look as "cool" when I'm 80 but I didn't get them as a fashion statement or Fad in order to look "cool". Please give us tattooed moms some credit. We're not just punks who got all inked up to piss off mommy and daddy. It's art.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 12:53 PM on Dec. 28, 2012

• "Please give us tattooed moms some credit. We're not just punks who got all inked up to piss off mommy and daddy. It's art."

That. And, for many of us, it's art with true meaning
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 12:55 PM on Dec. 28, 2012

• Never! Not now, not ever would I let my kids do it! It may be a fad now, but later they will regret it.
    madmueller

Answer by madmueller at 12:30 PM on Dec. 28, 2012

• I was okay with piercings with my kids and this one isn't that big a deal. That said, I didn't allow them at 13. Sixteen was my minimum age
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 12:29 PM on Dec. 28, 2012

• No, my children will not be getting anything other than a single piercing in their ear lobe while they are living in my house. Once they are on their own they can make those decisions.

Answer by missanc at 12:35 PM on Dec. 28, 2012

• Personally I wouldn't allow it until they are 18 but, that's just me.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 12:48 PM on Dec. 28, 2012

• I wouldn't allow any body modifications- beyond a single ear piercing- until they were of age

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 1:03 PM on Dec. 28, 2012

• Way too young. I wouldn't allow it until after they graduate from H.S. What about when they want to go out & get a job? Not appropriate. It's like an obvious tattoo on an old lady. What was once cool is not so cool when you get older. That's my opinion. You as the Mother are supposed to be the one with good judgement & experience to what is right & wrong & guide the child appropriately. Not saying you aren't just saying that they need a lot of guidance at that age.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 12:31 PM on Dec. 28, 2012