Do any of your teens have an industrial piercing?

My 13 year old wants one. Is this an appropriate piercing for 13 years old? I told her to wait, at least until she is 16. Any opinions???

WifeyandMom71

Asked by WifeyandMom71 at 12:26 PM on Dec. 28, 2012 in Teens (13-17)

• My stepdad is a bigwig in the pharma engineering world. Given two candidates with equal qualifications, he would choose the one with no visible holes. And I'm pretty sure if he would, there are others. In the conservative business world, holes that show do matter.
    And I know personally what a big deal my ear holes were in the modeling business. I never planned to "make it big" so it wasn't a huge deal for me, but it was commented on multiple times.

Answer by missanc at 2:25 PM on Dec. 28, 2012

• Everything in moderation.
    Piercings are fine, but limit the gauge. Also take into account what certain piercings are showing off or insinuating. Tongue piercings are an oral sex thing, belly button piercings are an excuse for her to lift her shirt, etc.
    My hubby has gauged ears and even at the tender age of 49, (LOL) there is still enough elasticity in the skin that when he takes them out the holes return to normal. I have another friend in his 60's who worked at a tattoo shop and did some pretty radical stretching and now his earlobes hang to his chin with no hope of returning.
    Point is, she's young and as trends change, etc, piercings can adapt and/or be removed.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 2:30 PM on Dec. 28, 2012

• feralxat - That is the piercing she wants.
    WifeyandMom71

Comment by WifeyandMom71 (original poster) at 3:05 PM on Dec. 28, 2012

• Thank you for everyone's response. I think its best to wait.
    Thank you!
    WifeyandMom71

Comment by WifeyandMom71 (original poster) at 2:08 PM on Jan. 4, 2013