Why does my dd21 act like this???

While she was growing up her mom allowed her to do some stuff for her 13 years of age she allowed her to get her belly pierced. Dad had said NO!
She wanted a tongue piecing Dad said NO! But she did it anyway...ugh!
Just things she is doing knowing her dad is totally against it but since she is an adult what can you do.
Now that she's 21 she got a tattoo when her mom said NO! Now dad is like I am to saying yes but our an adult now just make sure the place you goto is clean and popular you do not want to go to dirty place. And left it at that.
The mother was calling my dh & texting him trying to get him to talk to their dd out of it...he just ignored her.
The way he looks at it all these years you just did what you wanted with her and NOW you want me to say something....he's like FU get you some bitch...
In away I see is point but hey she did this to themselves (dd & mother)
Just sharing...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:27 PM on Dec. 28, 2012 in Adult Children (18+)

• she's 21... NOT up to either of them... it's a non-issue
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 1:32 PM on Dec. 28, 2012

• So you're not her mom but you're calling her DD and she's 21 and you think ANY of you have a say in what she does? As for why she did any of that as a kid? Because she was finding a way of expressing herself and she got a parent's permission to do it. (Whetehr it was her Mom's or Dad's. The kid isn't to blame for any issues between her mo and your husband. Maybe the two of them should start acting like adults for once. And since you aren't a biological parent to DD AND she is 21 it isn't any of your business
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 1:36 PM on Dec. 28, 2012

• She's an adult, none of you have shit to say about what she does to her body.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 1:40 PM on Dec. 28, 2012

• Sounds like she's not seeking permission, but approval, or in this case, your husb's DIS-approval. Sounds like she is going to great lengths to piss him off. Maybe she blames him for her parents' divorce, maybe she doesn't care for you. Whatever her reasons are, your husb needs to work on the relationship w/ his dau & can do it w/out the interference from the ex, now that she's grown.

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 1:54 PM on Dec. 28, 2012

• She's 21. Unless you are paying the bills, it's none of your business.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 2:21 PM on Dec. 28, 2012

• OMG! Women all of you are twisting my post around.
    All I wanted to say was all these years my sd21 was doing her own thing bc of her mom and not include her dad and now that the girl wants to do something and mom says no! She wants to call bio dad for permission...why now?
    Jeessh....
    I know the girl is an adult...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:40 PM on Dec. 28, 2012

• She's 21. She's not calling for his permission. His opinion, perhaps. But she doesn't need his permission and she knows it. And No in case you're going there, she is not doing this to merely pit your husband and her mother against one another. She is asking parents for their ADVICE to ensure she is making a wise decision. Sounds like a responsible young lady to me.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 3:55 PM on Dec. 28, 2012

• Turns out she just wanted to show her dad that was it but mom wanted her dad to stop her.

I don't think no one is reading my post thoroughly...that's where the drama starts :/ But its all good.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:07 PM on Dec. 28, 2012

•   Can someone make this animated for me?

Anonymous