How many diapers do you change a night for a 1 month old?

Last night was ridiculous. Everytime I woke up to feed her she had pooped again. Exclusively bf so i wake up to feed her a lot!

Feels like i havent slept in a month. Starting to get real grumpy.

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 1:30 PM on Dec. 28, 2012 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I used to feed them a bottle at 10pm so I would change a diaper then. Then my DH would feed them at around 2 or 3am & change them then & I would wake up at around 6 or 7am & feed & change.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:35 PM on Dec. 28, 2012

• Can you pump & have your SO feed the baby at night? MY DH is a night owl & stays up late watching TV so he did it. This way you can get an extended period of sleep. You need it!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:40 PM on Dec. 28, 2012

• When mine were babies I usually had to change them every time they ate, usually in between breasts to keep them awake long enough to get a full feeding in so they weren't just snacking all night. By a month they were sleeping one 5 hour stretch at night so depending on when I actually went to bed.

Answer by missanc at 1:58 PM on Dec. 28, 2012

• I was changing them about every time they ate at that age too. BF babies poop more, at least in my experience! Dealt with my 4mo niece for a couple days earlier this week and she still poops about every time she eats (breastmilk).
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 2:09 PM on Dec. 28, 2012

• SO falls asleep on the living room floor around 8pm.
    staciandababy

Comment by staciandababy (original poster) at 2:19 PM on Dec. 28, 2012

• Bed share and taught myself to be able to pass right out helps. Also keep a few diapers the wipes andwhatever else you use for diapers right there oh and a receiving blanket or changing pad and a waterbottle Then when you need to tend to baby all you might need to get up to do is pee and go back to bed
    flowersmama

Answer by flowersmama at 5:02 PM on Dec. 28, 2012

• I can't sleep on demand, that's a part of my problem
    staciandababy

Comment by staciandababy (original poster) at 5:54 PM on Dec. 28, 2012