Low carb diet?

is there anyone who is or did the Low carb diet? if so did it work and how long did it take to see reslults?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:03 PM on Feb. 12, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• i did and it was not healthy at all. your body needs carbs, they are not bad foods. i lost the weight but felt soo bad when i didnt eat them, then when i did, i gained the weight back
    Anonymous

• what you need are healthy carbs such as whole grains. And what many people don't realize is that if you try any kind of diet, including a low-carb diet it's designed to be a lifestyle change, meaning you are supposed to eat that way for LIFE. This is why it's best to have a healthy balance of healthy carbs, lean meats, fish, poultry, vegetables and fruit and eat that way everyday!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 11:45 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• I'm diabetic and CARBS are my enemy. I am following a low carb diet, but it's not NO carb! Your body does need carbs. YOU can make sure you get healthy carbs like fruit (not juice), dry beans & lentils, and SOME whole grains like barley and steel cut oats. One major factor is portion size. One-half cup of "carb" foods per meal is enough for me. If I have 2 carb foods I eat 1/4 c. of each of them. I fill the rest of my plate with palm size amount of protein and all the fresh veggies (not including corn, peas or squash) I can eat! It's also very important to take a multivitamin.

I started my low carb diet on 1/24/09 and have lost 5 lbs. to date. I do not always find the time to exercise either. It's not a fast weight loss and I feel fine.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 5:45 PM on Feb. 14, 2009