sign of labor? lower back pain...

I know everyone says lower back pain is a sign of labor but is it REALLY a sign of labor, or is it one of those "signs you're getting close" meaning.... You're getting this pain because you're pregnancy is almost over, it really has no meaning to how soon or long until you'll go into labor.

I hate those!! They make me mad.
Also, is there anything I could do for this lower back pain? I'd have a massage done, but the pain is soo low its pretty much at my ass!! Help :(

shessohippie

Asked by shessohippie at 6:04 PM on Feb. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• sounds like your getting close to labor. i would try a nice warm bath or a heating pad set on low.
    Anonymous

• Unless it is accompanied with another sign, then I doubt it's labor. So try a heating pad on low... that helps a lot for me
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 6:06 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Well, I am currently losing my mucous plug, I think... I saw some yellow snot-looking stuff yesterday and earlier today. And for the past 2 days my abdomen has been tightening a LOT! I think they're slight contractions, but I'm not really sure.
    shessohippie

Answer by shessohippie at 6:12 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Could be back labor
    ashtonjames

Answer by ashtonjames at 10:54 PM on Feb. 12, 2009