Another question about infections

I just asked if i need to go in to the hospital, but I'm wondering WHY UTI's and Yeast infections are so dangerous during pregnancy? I know, it's stupid but i haven't had much experience with them

AshJoe05

Asked by AshJoe05 at 6:09 PM on Feb. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i don't know that much about them either, as far as being pregnant. But I know even if you aren't pregnant, if the go untreated they can spread and get really bad. Worse case scenario, they could even get into your blood and thats really bad.
    Anonymous

• the reason that they are so bad is because it can cause the baby to get sick or thats what my doc told me just i would have it checked to make sure it could be something really serious
    bugbug07

Answer by bugbug07 at 6:16 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Any infection untreated is dangerous, UTI's and yeast infections aren't going to harm a baby if you treat them.

If you think you may have one, it's a simple test. I wouldn't rush to the hospital, but would schedule a check up.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 6:20 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Infections can also cause preterm labor. I am not sure how it works, but they can.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 6:27 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• like coleen said, the biggest risk with a uti or yeast infection is causing pre-term labor. your uterus gets irritated which can bring on labor. you cannot pass a uti on to your baby but if you have a yeast infection when you DELIVER the baby can end up with a yeast infection in their mouth which is called thrush. It's won't hurt them, just painful and has to be treated.
    hannahjoy17

Answer by hannahjoy17 at 9:07 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Utis or a yeast inf can cause pre-term labor and some serious pain if not treated right away.
    ashtonjames

Answer by ashtonjames at 10:53 PM on Feb. 12, 2009