How did you feel during the "wait"?

You know that 3 minute wait to know if you are pregnant or not, were you nervous? did you "just know" and what test did you take?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:33 PM on Dec. 28, 2012 in Pregnancy

• The first one was gut-wrenching......the second we were all placing bets
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 3:39 PM on Dec. 28, 2012

• Nervous? Heck yes! I was 43 & felt like I had the flu. I took a nap then suddenly woke & realized I had not gotten my period. My Son was still napping at the time. I ran upstairs & took a 6 year old pregnancy test that I had under the sink. My heart was thumping so hard that I could hear it!! BAM! Positive, I almost had a heart attack! I was not going to freak out on my own so I called my DH at work. He almost fainted. He ran to the Drug Store to get a new test! LOL! After the initial Shock & Surprise, we were VERY happy! I had her the day before my 44th Birthday!

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 3:39 PM on Dec. 28, 2012

• Both pregnancies I used ClearBlue Digital. The 1st time I was nervous because it wasn't planned. The 2nd time we were TTC but I didn't think I was pregnant, just doing my regular monthly testing so I wasn't nervous or anything, but very surprised when it said Pregnant!
    Ludvik_Smith

Answer by Ludvik_Smith at 3:40 PM on Dec. 28, 2012

• I have never had to wait. The urine touched the strip and it turned.
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 3:50 PM on Dec. 28, 2012

• Anxious. The first time I went outside and smoked a cigarette just incase I had to quit, and i did that was my last one.

Second time I knew it. There was one unprotected sex session 4 weeks prior and a 9 day late period. I knew and SO was in denial. Holding a baby right now.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 4:16 PM on Dec. 28, 2012

• I didn't feel any different the other times I'd tested. Actually, I was a little more sure it was going to come back negative that time, since so many before it had. I was pretty shocked when it came back positive. I sat there just staring for a good 5 minutes lol.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 5:08 PM on Dec. 28, 2012

• The first I was unsure and it took until I was about 17 weeks ina nd like 20 lbs heavier before the orchard tests showed I was. The second I swear I we conceived and I woke up with heartburn ... I knew it and so I waited a couple weeks and tested and was. This one I thought something was wrong with me but pregnant was not it but would be sweet so I made a dr appt and they did a test and came to ask me if I was happy to be pregnant... and boy was I.
    flowersmama

Answer by flowersmama at 5:41 PM on Dec. 28, 2012