HAve you had any idea what you've gotten yourself into when you got married?

What about having kids?

Pucki

Asked by Pucki at 3:55 PM on Dec. 28, 2012 in Just for Fun

• With Marriage, YES, otherwise I wouldn't be married right now. With kids, not so much but I learned fast.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 3:56 PM on Dec. 28, 2012

• YES, YES - I love it - me and my husband are very open and honest about everything!! works for us!!
    futurebabykar

Answer by futurebabykar at 4:17 PM on Dec. 28, 2012

• Having pretty much raise my brother and nephews I was pretty aware of what kids entail.
    I hd an idea of marriage and the work needed. I had no idea the ups and downs in life counld be so fierce but I also didn't know how wonderful it was to have someone to share it with and hold through out the whole time

So yes and no.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 4:41 PM on Dec. 28, 2012

• After a long term relationship it wasn't much different. Other than now I can't kick him out as easily, ha (kidding). Having a child was a bit of a different story. Doesn't matter how many people tell you about sleepless nights, overwhelming need for your attention, etc. it's life changing!
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 4:53 PM on Dec. 28, 2012

• My parents divorced when I was very young, and my husband's parents were divorced (and his mother had been married and divorced 5 times!) so I wanted to make sure I really knew what I was getting into before I got married. Maybe I thought marriage would be harder than it is, but other than that, I pretty much knew what I was getting into. My marriage has been such a smooth relationship, so I've never second guessed that. I didn't really know what to expect when I had kids, so that's been learning as I've gone along. I thought having a baby and toddler would be the hard part, and I didn't expect it to be so much harder as they got older. There's so much more to worry about now, and more decisions to make. The shooting at Sandy Hook made me worry even more about their safety. That's something that never crossed my mind before I had kids.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 5:01 PM on Dec. 28, 2012

• Mostly - we lived together for 5 years before we got married. The kid was trickier - you can talk til you're blue in the face about how you want to raise your kids "someday", it still all goes right out the window once they get there.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:04 PM on Dec. 28, 2012

• had no idea the life change i was in for with kids.

never been married.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 6:08 PM on Dec. 28, 2012

• hahahaha - just hang on for the ride - esp. with kids
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 7:39 PM on Dec. 28, 2012

• marriage is almost exactly how i expected...less sex but thats my fault (having kids killed my sex drive)
    having kids is kinda what i expected, had no idea how hard it was, but what parent does haha. the real kicker for me is how much i dislike being a SAHM and how draining it is on my psyche...just a few more months...
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:18 PM on Dec. 28, 2012

• If I had really understood how hard it is to be a parent would I have done it? I don't know.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 12:30 AM on Dec. 29, 2012