Ramen Noodles

What do you do differently with them?

Here is something that I do and my youngest daughter loves it:

1 pkg. chicken flavored Ramen Noodles
1 c. boiling water
1/2 of the seasoning packet (discard the other 1/2)
2-3 T. peanut butter (smooth or chunky)
2-3 drops of Tabasco or Texas Pete hot sauce
drizzle of soy sauce

Add broken noodles to 1 c. boiling water. (The package calls for 2 c but with 1 c. it makes a better sauce). Cook until halfway done and add the sesasoning, hot sauce and soy sauce. Cook until done. Remove from heat, add peanut butter and stir until melted. This is also good with frozen peas (thawed under hot tap water) and grated carrot. You can add the veggies at the halfway done point or when you add the peanut butter, depending on your taste.

NikkiMomof2grls

Asked by NikkiMomof2grls at 4:58 PM on Dec. 28, 2012 in Food & Drink

• My goodness such nastiness over raman noodles, lol. It sounds like little kids who have been cooped up too long.

We do one with cabage, apples and lemon yogurt, It is a cold salad.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 5:16 PM on Dec. 28, 2012

• eeeew!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:03 PM on Dec. 28, 2012

• I make a ramen salad with cabbage that's good. My dd just had ramen for the first time last week. She liked it.

Your concoction reminds me of Pad Thai in a way.
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 5:05 PM on Dec. 28, 2012

• No, I just not like Texas. It's whatever.
    I actually make this recipe for my kids lol. It's good.
    Anonymous

• I don't do the packets - too much salt. We have one store with an asian section that sells real ramen (just the noodles), and we use them in all kinds of things. DH goes on Japanese kicks quite a bit.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:20 PM on Dec. 28, 2012

• One day I was out of food. All I had to eat were top ramen noodles and eggs. I had pleanty of condiments including soy sauce. So what I did was I boiled the noodles, scrambled the eggs in a pan, once the noodles were up to a boil and cooked I tossed them in with the scrambled eggs and fried it all together with a dash of soy sauce, garlic powder and whatever else I had in the pantry that I brought out a lot of asian flavors. It turned out to be pretty good. I'm thinking of trying it with scallions.
    uwmilf

Answer by uwmilf at 5:24 PM on Dec. 28, 2012

• I have a hater. Woohoo.

Op, I bet bean sprouts would go good in it too. I tried making pad Thai once and it was a disaster. Thanks for the recipe. I'll have to give it a try. :)
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 5:32 PM on Dec. 28, 2012

• I never do anything differently. I've always thought about adding something too it. Not sure about peanut butter though, lol.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 5:02 PM on Dec. 28, 2012

• Yes. It is kind of Pad Thai inspired. I love peanut sauce!
    NikkiMomof2grls

Comment by NikkiMomof2grls (original poster) at 5:08 PM on Dec. 28, 2012

• Oops. That was a vote up. I didn't realize that the vote down wasn't on there anymore. :( Anon, I don't know what the problem is but apparently someone peed in your Ramen Noodles.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Comment by NikkiMomof2grls (original poster) at 5:12 PM on Dec. 28, 2012