Natural remedy for a spider bite?

My 2 year old has one on his belly and it was small last night but today it is the size of a quarter. Can't touch it because it hurts him. Any ideas on how to relieve the pain?

momavanessa

Asked by momavanessa at 6:23 PM on Dec. 28, 2012 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Any spider bites should be checked out by your doctor fairly quickly. The venom is what is causing the response and you'll want to make sure there won't be any long lasting issues.

I was bitten by a brown recluse that caused me a great deal of trouble for quite some time.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 6:26 PM on Dec. 28, 2012

• If it's getting bigger,he needs to see a doctor

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:26 PM on Dec. 28, 2012

• that new neosporin that has pain medicine in it.  Try that.

Answer by louise2 at 6:25 PM on Dec. 28, 2012

• I'd take him to the Dr. Some spider bites are more dangerous than others. Also, when I got bit on the leg it hurt so bad I could hardly walk. The Dr. also prescribed an antibiotic for me.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 6:27 PM on Dec. 28, 2012

• I agree with getting him to the doctor. Spider bites are not something to mess around with. You can try some otc pain reliever (Tylenol, etc.) to ease the pain until you get to the doctor, but get him to the doctor. This is one that I would even go to the ER for, frankly.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 6:35 PM on Dec. 28, 2012

• How do you know it's a spider bite? Did you see it. Identify it? Mrsa resembles a sider bite so that's why I'm asking.

Considering where I live we take spider bites seriously. I'd take that baby to the doctor. Good luck.
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 6:35 PM on Dec. 28, 2012

• That said, there's not really a lot you can do because the venom is systemic. So, the pain is coming from that as well. Maybe some Tylenol would give him a little relief but I'm not sure what else you could use, topically, that would provide him any relief
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 6:42 PM on Dec. 28, 2012

• Well it has quadrupled in size overnight, so I wouldn't wait until next week, what kind of spiders are in your area? You have to know a small child is more re-active than an adult, so if it were me, I would still take him in tonight.
    jerseydiva

Answer by jerseydiva at 6:46 PM on Dec. 28, 2012

• I would not jack around with this, take him to the doctor as in now! My husband got bit by a brown recluse and ended up having to have surgery to remove dead skin etc. That is a huge change from yesterday, please take Ms Prissy's advice, antibiotics and to be seen by a doctor right now!
    jerseydiva

Answer by jerseydiva at 6:33 PM on Dec. 28, 2012

• I have been by a brown recluse twice. He already has an appointment for next week. The bite is very different from a brown recluse. The doctor said to take him to the ER tomorrow if it gets worse.
    momavanessa

Comment by momavanessa (original poster) at 6:37 PM on Dec. 28, 2012