Panic attack with insatiable appetite?

I can't stop panicking or eating, for two hours now! What can I do????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:02 PM on Dec. 28, 2012 in Health

• That's odd. Sometimes I'm hungry after a panic attack but never during. I'd have gone to the er if it was still going on after two hours
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 7:06 PM on Dec. 28, 2012

• deal with the trigger or call your doc
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 7:06 PM on Dec. 28, 2012

• You mean your panic attack is still going on? Are you taking medications? I would go to ER if it were bothering me that much.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 7:08 PM on Dec. 28, 2012

• I am a recovering addict, so I don't think the hospital can do anything for me that'd be safe, and I believe the trigger is organic. I am trying deep breathing, meditation, darkness. This is baaaad. :t
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:16 PM on Dec. 28, 2012

• A hot bath??
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 7:22 PM on Dec. 28, 2012

• make yourself a nice warm tea and a warm bath
    eating too much? try gum it seems to settle the stomach
    madmueller

Answer by madmueller at 8:35 PM on Dec. 28, 2012

• Can you go for a fast paced walk to help regulate the adrenaline otherwise I would either call my DR or go to the ER. G/L
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 9:04 PM on Dec. 28, 2012

• I see you wrote your last post an hour ago, How are you now? I'd pass out if I panicked this long. I do the deep breathing and try to focus on one spot (like during lamaze). I'd change the eating solids to drinking liquids like broth and see if that helps modify anything. I hope you are ok.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:08 PM on Dec. 28, 2012

• masturbate. the flood of chemicals in your brain after a big O will naturally calm you.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 9:21 PM on Dec. 28, 2012