I wonder what they'll blame on secularists, next. Acne? Bloating and gas?

It was bad enough when people like Huckabee and Dobson blamed secularists for the gun violence that's been plaguing our country, but now, it seems, this Catholic wants to blame the entire sinking economy on secularism.

He seems to think that the threat of hell and the promise of heaven are what we're lacking most in achieving financial security.

For realz.

SMH.

I suppose someone is going to ask what the question is for debate.  How about this:  Let's debate the notion that without religion, people are incapable of making rational and beneficial decisions for the betterment of self and mankind.

jsbenkert

Asked by jsbenkert at 8:04 PM on Dec. 28, 2012 in Religious Debate

• Well my husband is an Atheist and responsible for the Barking Spiders in the house. But I'm pretty sure that has more to do with him being a man. Hell men are in charge, let's blame them for the sinking economy.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 8:05 PM on Dec. 28, 2012

• He can't explain any of it with any rationality.

At least he's firm in his insanity convictions. XD

feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 9:10 PM on Dec. 28, 2012

• I do not believe its a lack of religion, but a lack of humanity in general that we are struggling with right now in the US. I think people confuse the two because for some, their humanity is linked to their religious beliefs and they fail to understand or acknowledge that others get their humanity from some place other than religion.
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 2:07 PM on Dec. 29, 2012

• There really isn't anything to say. Only headdesk!
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 8:12 PM on Dec. 28, 2012

• Of course we are incapable...we have no morals you know ; )
    *my mother's husband told me so!
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 8:50 PM on Dec. 28, 2012

• Wonder how he explains the wealth of Brunei?
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 8:55 PM on Dec. 28, 2012

• Consider the fact that most claim to be Christians, and where does that leave Mr. Wiker's argument?

I was going to point this out and you beat me to it. You know as well as I do, idiots like him don't think before opening their mouths. 

SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 12:07 PM on Dec. 29, 2012

• And don't secularists blame all the bad things in the world on religion? If I had a dollar for every time I've seen a secularist or Atheist claim the world would be better without religion because look at all the awful things religion has done, I'd be in Disney now. It goes both ways, people blame "them" because it's easier and safer.
    I don't really blame one factor for everything. I wish life was as simple as that, it's much more complicated.
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 12:28 AM on Dec. 30, 2012

• I would like to debate with religion what people are capable and very willing to do... And see which is worse.
    skinnyslokita

Answer by skinnyslokita at 10:19 PM on Dec. 28, 2012

• hee hee hee...barking spiders
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 1:22 AM on Dec. 29, 2012